Paper bag flooring living room 2013

I got tired of my butt-ugly living room floors back in 2013 and decided to do something about it.  I had ripped out the old carpet which I could no longer get clean this is what I was left with.  
Testing the small bathroom using paper bag flooring a couple of days prier, I decided to do the same to the living room floor.

Starting in the corners. Pieces of construction paper covered in Elmer's Glue.

Waiting for the floor to dry.

All dry and ready for a thin layer of Minwax Stain.  

Stained and covered in thick layer of water based Polyurethane.

Speeding up the drying process with a fan.

Time for the other side of the living room.

Here you can really see the difference before the stain.

Dried, stained and covered in Polyurethane.

Finished floor.

I am very happy with it.  It has now been 4 years.  

I'm still thinking of doing the rest of the downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know it is only the ramblings and rants of one woman, but I would love to hear from you.


View My Stats

Blog Archive