Living With A C-Rex 04/07/2009
Yes, I'm living with her, she's not living with me.
Her name is Silly short for Miss Furrydance Esyld.
Silly is a purebred Cornish Rex with a very short, hardly shedding, curly coat and I think she was a dog in per previous life.
I've had Silly for a month and a half.
It all started back in January when I was feeling a bit lonely here by myself, but not lonely for a human. I knew I didn't want a dog again and thought about getting a cat. Then I almost pushed that idea aside since my favorite color is black and I wouldn't be able to deal with cat hair all over everything. Then there is also the independent issue. I've seen many grown cats that only want to get close to you when it's feeding time. When their bellies are full, we humans don't seem to exist.
So I Googled low shedding cats and found a breed that would be perfect....the Cornish Rex. Of course, I never thought that I would be able to get one because all the breeders I found were way out of the state of Virginia.
Then I lucked out and found dear Teri, she's the owner of the Furry Dance Cattery, in Woodbridge, VA. I was so happy to find someone close by. Teri let me adopt Silly on February 15th.
Silly is very unusual.
She brings me her toys so that I can throw them for her to fetch.
She hugs my legs when I get home and fusses up a storm for at least 10 minutes.
At night she gets on my pillow and then scratches on the blanket until I lift it up. Then she burrows down to my feet, puts her cold feet on my legs and goes to sleep. In the morning she wakes me up and then goes back to bed until it's time for me to make the bed up.
I have a large folded blanket on the couch in the living room that she drags all the way to the bed....I don't know what that's about yet.
I've never seen a cat so happy when I clean her litter box in the morning. She is so excited and has to watch my every move. Then when I put the box where it belongs she right away has to spread out the new litter that I put in there.
I have to tighten the faucet handles in the kitchen sink because she will turn the water on to drink from.
All I have to do is rattle her harness and she knows it's time for a walk....unless the ground is wet, of course.
When I use the lint roller on my clothes, I have to roll her fur too.
She loves Ramen noodles.
She knows what "No" means.
She gets bathed every month...doesn't like it, but puts up with it.
Same with clipping her nails.
It seems like I have a permanent two-year-old living with me. The energy and the things she comes up with to amuse herself are amazing.
I feel like I've had her forever and can't imagine life without her.
- First Day Out And About After The Snow 12/22/2009
- Digging My Way Out Of The Snow 12/21/2009
- I Think The Storm Is Finally Done…. 12/20/2009
- What Snow?? 12/19/2009
- Snow? Bring it on!! 12/18/2009
- Unnecessary Accident 12/17/2009
- Lexy Lives On 12/16/2009
- Found the Vicks VapoRub 12/14/2009
- Spam….not my favorite food! 12/13/2009
- Major Brain Fog 12/13/2009
- My Pussy Gets a New Set of Dishes 12/11/2009
- Manual Coffee Dripping 12/09/2009
- UPS Is On The Way :) 12/08/2009
- Coffee and Electricity 12/07/2009
- Starting This Day Out With A Full Tank Of Propane ...
- First Snow This Season 12/06/2009
- Eye Infection 12/05/2009
- Rotkohl, Rolladen, Kartoffeln und Sosse
- The Rain Finally Stopped….Again 12/01/2009
- What a Lovely Sunday We Had Today 11/30/2009
- Turmeric (Curcumin) and Black Pepper (Piperine) 1...
- The Best Thing About Signing Up For Online Coupons...
- I Finally Found A Poang Chair 11/25/2009
- Back to Normal 11/24/2009
- Well, It’s Been A Swell Week ……………NOT!! 11/20/2009
- Sunshine finally and small getogether at Tommy's P...
- Hanging Out With My Sister 11/14/2009
- Rain, Rain, Please Go Away and Chairs 11/12/2009
- Straw Install and Sofa Bed Removal 11/10/2009
- Buckland Farm Market Saves the Day :) 11/08/2009
- Get Together at Mom’s House 11/06/2009
- Went to Boston 11/05/2009
- Road Construction and Docs Appointment 11/04/2009
- Late Night Cruisers at Burger King 11/03/2009
- Daylight Saving Time? 11/01/2009
- Google Voice 10/31/2009
- Woohoo….Mom’s getting her 90,000 mile service done...
- Locked out of the Evil Twin 10/29/2009
- Sushi For Breakfast 10/26/2009
- I’m taking back my life from my socks!!! 10/25/2009
- Road Trip to Charlottesville and Harrisonburg, VA ...
- It’s time for a project to....10/20/2009
- Blog Page Issues 10/19/2009
- Last Day Of Doom And Gloom 10/18/2009
- Yesterday Was Just Swell!! 10/17/2009
- Ist doch nicht so schlimm………..10/15/2009
- Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia 10/13/2009
- Boils, Turmeric and Vicks VapoRub 10/12/2009
- Winterizing My Home Continued….10/09/2009
- The year is flying by… 10/08/2009
- Going to the Courthouse 10/07/2009
- Buckland Farm Market Revisited 10/05/2009
- Bubble Wrap Mania….continued 10/04/2009
- 39 Degrees This Morning 10/01/2009
- Luck Stone in Centreville 09/29/2009
- This is the kind of results you get when you have ...
- New Cat Toy 09/23/2009
- Room for one more gadget!! :) Leah's xA 09/23/2009
- A Chuckle to Start This Monday Off Right!! 09/21/...
- I love bubble wrap :) 09/20/2009
- Miss-Bee Haven 09/19/2009
- Buckland Farm Market 09/18/2009
- Lots of chases, Client website issues and trying t...
- Beautiful Sunsets, Chasing a Piano and Bathing Sil...
- Insulating with Bubble Wrap 09/14/2009
- Woohoo....Bubble Wrap 09/13/2009
- Car Chase and Hugging My Mom's Neck 09/11/2009
- Car Chases in Lignum and Jeffersonton 09/09/2009
- xB Lowered and Stitches Taken Out 09/08/2009
- Labor Day SE Party 09/06/2009
- Getting Ready for SE Get-together 09/05/2009
- Tire and Client Issues 09/04/2009
- Research Study at AOL 09/03/2009
- Labor Day Preps 09/02/2009
- Coffee Grinds eating cat 09/01/2009
- Damn....why do I always have to miss out on stuff ...
- VA Pistol 08/28/2009
- Day off and Watkins order issue 08/27/2009
- Feeling Better, Chasing Cars 08/28/2009
- Day after surgery 08/27/2009
- Removing a Patch of Skin 08/26/2009
- Camp Cool Kids 08/25/2009
- Notary Supply Issues 08/25/2009
- Beautiful Weather, Cash for Clunkers is Ending, Do...
- Tomatoes from my neighbor 08/20/2009
- Camden chase and recruiter meeting 08/20/2009
- Lunch at Akasaka 08/18/2009
- Long Monday 08/18/2009
- Misbehaving Kids at Work 08/16/2009
- Ranting and Weightloss 08/16/2009
- Car Chases in Warrenton 08/14/2009
- Shredded TP, Tomatoes and Cucumbers 08/13/2009
- Car Chase, Permit, Hair Cut etc 08/12/2009
- Busy Morning 08/11/2009
- Scion Show of Champions 08/10/2009
- Car Show Tomorrow 08/08/2009
- New xB on the Block and Other Stuff Going On 08/0...
- Home Sweet Home, Tattoo, Car Show in Crofton, MD ...
- Memories of my trip to California 08/04/2009
- County Courthouse, Boils, Computer Issues 08/03/2009
- ▼ February (210)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (154)
- ► 2009 (224)