Yep...I've been slacking again. Not really...just have a lot going on. Mostly my son, T-Jay, who is still in pain 24 HOURS A DAY.
I have been researching Fibromyalgia for a long time. Always looking for news or something new that's working for someone. Also side effects of the latest drugs that are being prescribed. I must belong to every forum and Yahoo Group that's out there by now. About six weeks ago I came across LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) which seems to be helping thousands of people, but is rarely prescribed.
In case anyone is interested here is one of many links What is Low Dose Naltrexone?
I talked about T-Jay's first doctor's appointment here. We went to his second appointment armed with paperwork on LDN and we talked to Rachel about the good that it seems to have done for people that have Fibro. She had never heard of it, but was open to reading the papers and I promised to email her any studies that had been done on this. T-Jay then left with a prescription for Elavil, which was one of the first meds prescribed for Fibromyalgia and is also an antidepressant. Rachel didn't want to prescribe anything that might add to his hopefully temporary liver issues and thought that this might work for him. Well, it did not. After the first day on Elavil, he seemed like a different person. He slept many, many hours, but woke up in pain. The pain never did go away, but T-Jay was like a zombie on this crap and was unable to function. He did give it a chance, a two-week chance to work, but finally stopped taking it a few days ago. The pain is still there, but T-Jay's personality is back to normal.
Today he had another appointment and he let her know that the Elavil was not working at all except to make him either sleep or walk around in a drug induced daze still in pain. She had his liver function tested again to see if it has improved any so that she might be able to prescribe an opiate like Vicodin for his pain. The results should be in by the end of the week. She also had him make an appointment with a neurologist to see if anything else might be going on, but that won't be until March 2nd.
We also talked about LDN. She mentioned that she had talked to the other doctors at the clinic about it and that they all seemed to be pretty excited about it, but since the FDA only approved Naltrexone for drug addiction, the clinic would not let her prescribe it in the reduced dose for Fibromyalgia. I had told her at the last visit that I could get the LDN without a prescription from India if I wanted to and today she kind of hinted around to try it, that it couldn't hurt....without really saying that....if you know what I mean. I then told her that I already have it and that I have been taking it myself to see if there would be any side effects in case T-Jay wants to try it.
Tonight will be my third dose at 2 ml. The Naltrexone comes in 50 mg tablets. I dissolve one tablet in 50 ml of distilled water. Then I use a baby measuring dropper to measure 2 ml. This will be my dose for another night, then I'll up it to 4.5 ml which will be the desired dose. Since I'm taking it myself, who knows, maybe it will take care of my elbow issues that I have been having for the last couple of months. Maybe it will keep at bay the pre-cancerous cell issue I have had in the past. Having a boosted immune system can't hurt. :)
So far no side effects.
I'll leave it up to my son to decide on what he wants to do.
- Bagworm Moths killed my shrubbery. They've got to ...
- "Join the world's largest study of Low Dose Naltre...
- Paper bag flooring living room 2013
- Paper bag flooring test in small bathroom 2/28/2...
- Visit to parents, broiling meat, car wash and Bag...
- TGIF 3/17/17
- I'm back. Last of the snow.... I hope 3/16/17
- I can't believe I already filed my taxes 2/5/201...
- Snowy Sunday 2/3/2013
- Long time no write... 2/1/2013
- Slight Mod Bug On My Scion iQ 12/05/2012
- Perfect Birthday Even Though.... 12/03/2012
- Another Year Almost Over 11/30/2012
- Living Room Project 11/20/2012
- Sad News Indeed!! 11/18/2012
- Pizza Chili 11/15/2012
- Wow....it's freaking.... 11/15/2012
- Yellow Fingernails 11/13/2012
- 20 Months on LDN and ..... 11/20/2012
- Four Scions.....First Recall 11/08/2012
- Received Homework In The Mail Today 11/07/2012
- Tuesday....Election Day 2012 11/06/2012
- Is This What I Have To Look Forward To If... 11/...
- Sunday, just another Monday 11/04/2012
- Re-Ordering Naltrexone (Low Dose Naltrexone, LDN) ...
- Heating Problem Fixed 11/02/2012
- Oh My....Can It Be? 11/01/2012
- Keeping Warm 10/31/2012
- A Much Calmer Day 10/30/2012
- Stormy Monday 10/29/2012
- Doom and Gloom 10/28/2012
- Surprise From BOA 10/25/2012
- I Don't Have a Glovebox 10/24/2012
- What? No Turkey Necks?? 10/23/2012
- How Small Is Too Small? 10/22/2012
- Yard Sale Score 10/21/2012
- New Computer And Almost Getting Back To Normal 1...
- Still Waiting, Birds Are Back, and ING.... 10/18...
- R.I.P. my Sony 10/17/2012
- Change of Scenery 10/16/2012
- In My Subscription to DotTech.org 10/15/2012
- I think it's broken 10/14/2012
- Computer Issues Again 10/12/2012
- Winterizing part 2 10/12/2012
- Re-Installing Ubuntu Operating System 12/11/2012...
- Chasing Stuff In Springfield, VA 10/10/2012
- A Message From My Amazon Account 10/9/2012
- Winterizing the House 12/8/2012
- The Things I Do To Keep Out Of Jail... 10/7/2012...
- Not MY YARD!! Rat Bastards 10/6/2012
- Tiny Living Spaces 10/5/2012
- Melting Clipboard July 8th, 2012
- Heat and Pokeweed July 7th, 2012
- Old bread, new dryer July 6th, 2012
- Permanent Teeth are in July 5th, 2012
- The non-vacation vacation July 3rd, 2012
- First Kabocha and low electric June 27th, 2012
- Dressers and LDN June 1st, 2012
- Antique Bread and LDN shipment late May 30th, 201...
- Bird Issue May 23, 2012
- Trip to Mom's, VA Pistol, and getting stopped by t...
- Busy and new LDN order MAY 12, 2012
- Helicopters making a mess April 17th, 2012
- Removing Carpet April 8th, 2012
- Broken Garbage Disposal April 3rd, 2012
- Turkey Neckbones March 30th, 2012
- Pink Snow? March 25th, 2012
- Father's passing March 24th, 2012
- Mini Greenhouse March 22nd, 2012
- Getting Living Room Cleaned up March 21st, 2012
- Curried Chicken March 20th, 2012
- Bedroom finished finally March 19, 2012
- Finishing Master Bedroom, weight down to 154 Marc...
- iQuteness March 14th 2012
- Getting cigarette smoke off of the walls, inpectin...
- Cleaning House Sunday March 11th, 2012
- Inspections were for people that have a child that...
- Still keeping my weight down February 29th, 2012
- Furniture Hack Wednesday, 1.11.12
- Toilet fixed, Afghan finished 1.3.2012
- Rheingarten Restaurant 12.31.2011
- Fixing the crapper 12.29.2011
- Visit to Wilson Farms Meat Company and Beginning t...
- Christmas Dinner at Mom's and running out of yarn ...
- Crochet Color Burst Afghan 12.09.2011
- Turkey Necks from Wilson Farms 12.07.2011
- Chasing Cars in Haymarket and Going To Buckland Fa...
- Hit One Of My Weight Goal Finally 11.18.2011
- Kabotcha Seeds and not getting my Fingers Burnt an...
- Kabotcha, Thank you, Pete Belardino 11.14.2011
- Toe Pain 11.13.2011
- Cooking and Cold Feet 11.11.2011
- Inspection in Middleburg and Bra Shopping Against ...
- Junk mail getting on my nerves 11.07.2011
- Feeling better, getting a haircut, T-Jay leaving f...
- Update on the Boil 11.03.2011
- Nesting and New Boil 11.01.11
- Last Friday's Little Road Trip to Little Washingto...
- Lost Memories 10.19.2011
- How to live in 262 sq ft without closets 10.13.201...
- ▼ March (292)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (154)
- ► 2009 (224)
- I was born in Jever, Germany. My parents immigrated to the United States in 1968. I became a United States citizen in 2005.Favorite Quote: Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.Justice Hugo Black, 1971.I'm a Supporter of Wikileaks, Greenpeace, Amnesty International, The Freestate Project, LDNaware (Low Dose Naltrexone), Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) Project, Millions Against Monsanto, the NRA (National Rifle Association), GOA (Gun Owners of America),Truth in Labeling, Unconventional Medicine and The Freedom of Choice.