I finished two car chases last night after I got off at Miller's. I was going to do them today along with two others, but I was asked to help out at the dealership today. So I'll do the other two this morning and then work at the dealership from noon until 5 PM. Then I've got to work in some time at the laundry mat. It's going to be a long day.
At least the weather will be awesome. Right now it's a lovely 57 degrees and only supposed to get up to 81.
It's so chilly that Silly has dug herself under the covers of my bed.
I found a nice article about my middle sister Toni on CDLjobs.com Trucking Jobs Blog:
May 20, 2009
CalArk Driver Named Arkansas Trucking Association's Driver Of The Year
Little Rock, AR. -- Toni Chandler (Antje Luitjens) was named Arkansas Trucking Association’s 2008 Driver of the Year on May 15th 2009 at the Hot Springs Convention Center in Hot Springs Arkansas. Chandler and her husband, Leslie Paugh live in Benton, AR. She joined CalArk on December 19, 1995 and has logged over 1.8 million safe miles with CalArk with no accidents, no moving violations and 100% on time delivery.
CalArk Toni Chandler Her story is truly an example of achieving the American dream. In July 1968, Chandler boarded an ocean liner in Hamburg, West Germany with her mother and two sisters to travel to the United States to meet her father. Her family settled in Fairfax, VA where her father worked for a Mercedes dealership as a master automotive technician. Through her close relationship with her father, she learned to repair small gasoline engines and a myriad of other automotive preventive maintenance procedures. When old enough to drive, Chandler immediately obtained her driving license, and began to explore the State of Virginia. This led to her fondness for over-the-road travel.
Chandler served honorably in the United States Navy from 1980 to 1992 where she achieved the rank of Petty Officer First Class (E-6). While in the Navy, she was assigned to the Navy Material Transportation Office Command and trained in a variety of transportation, air passenger and cargo handling procedures. In addition, she obtained licenses to operate forklifts up to 10 ton and K-loaders for loading aircraft. Chandler was a member of the first contingent of female sailors stationed aboard the USS Emory S. Land, a submarine repair ship, operating out of Norfolk, VA. While assigned there, she worked in various supply administrative positions. After leaving the Navy, she worked as a certified armed security officer and later as the State Certified Compliance Officer for a Norfolk, VA security company. This stationary job left her with a desire to look for employment in a field that included traveling around the country.
In 1982, while stationed on the USS Emory S. Land, Chandler met her future husband, Leslie, Paugh. Paugh served with the United States Navy from 1970 to 1993 when he was honorably retired as a Chief Petty Officer (E-7). Paugh also came from a family who loved to travel. His great grandmother traveled from the East Coast of America to Alaska and back to the Midwest, and his grandmother traveled by mule, horse, covered wagon, stagecoach, boat, car, bus, train, propeller driven airplane and finally a jet. In the 1940’s and 1950’s, his grandfather drove automotive transports and his father hauled lumber.
Paugh’s family history sparked Chandler’s interest in learning to drive a commercial-motor-vehicle so that she could pursue her goal of traveling across the United States. Her husband fully supported her career move and joined her in July 1996. He acts as her trip planner, navigator and permanent support team member.
To obtain her CDL, Chandler attended Tri-State Driving School in Middletown, OH in 1995. She drove briefly for a carrier that went out of business before reading about CalArk in a trucking magazine and submitting her application. From her hire date, Chandler and Paugh have been valued members of “Team CalArk”. In addition to her driving duties, Chandler has volunteered to assist with CalArk’s border crossing program to create procedures and sample forms to assist other drivers. Chandler has trained and mentored newly hired drivers in a wide range of functions where additional instruction was required. She was featured with four other drivers on the cover of the Arkansas Trucking Report, August 2006 edition and in an article “The Road Is Calling”.
Chandler and Paugh are admired by CalArk’s Management Team and fellow employees for their professionalism and desire to give their very best in all endeavors. CalArk was honored to have Toni Chandler as their representative for the Arkansas Association Driver of the year for 2008.
Toni is pictured in the center next to her husband Les in the striped shirt.
- First Day Out And About After The Snow 12/22/2009...
- Digging My Way Out Of The Snow 12/21/2009
- I Think The Storm Is Finally Done…. 12/20/2009
- What Snow?? 12/19/2009
- Snow? Bring it on!! 12/18/2009
- Unnecessary Accident 12/17/2009
- Lexy Lives On 12/16/2009
- Found the Vicks VapoRub 12/14/2009
- Spam….not my favorite food! 12/13/2009
- Major Brain Fog 12/13/2009
- My Pussy Gets a New Set of Dishes 12/11/2009
- Manual Coffee Dripping 12/09/2009
- UPS Is On The Way :) 12/08/2009
- Coffee and Electricity 12/07/2009
- Starting This Day Out With A Full Tank Of Propane ...
- First Snow This Season 12/06/2009
- Eye Infection 12/05/2009
- Rotkohl, Rolladen, Kartoffeln und Sosse
- The Rain Finally Stopped….Again 12/01/2009
- What a Lovely Sunday We Had Today 11/30/2009
- Turmeric (Curcumin) and Black Pepper (Piperine) 1...
- The Best Thing About Signing Up For Online Coupons...
- I Finally Found A Poang Chair 11/25/2009
- Back to Normal 11/24/2009
- Well, It’s Been A Swell Week ……………NOT!! 11/20/200...
- Sunshine finally and small getogether at Tommy's P...
- Hanging Out With My Sister 11/14/2009
- Rain, Rain, Please Go Away and Chairs 11/12/2009
- Straw Install and Sofa Bed Removal 11/10/2009
- Buckland Farm Market Saves the Day :) 11/08/2009
- Get Together at Mom’s House 11/06/2009
- Went to Boston 11/05/2009
- Road Construction and Docs Appointment 11/04/2009...
- Late Night Cruisers at Burger King 11/03/2009
- Daylight Saving Time? 11/01/2009
- Google Voice 10/31/2009
- Woohoo….Mom’s getting her 90,000 mile service done...
- Locked out of the Evil Twin 10/29/2009
- Sushi For Breakfast 10/26/2009
- I’m taking back my life from my socks!!! 10/25/20...
- Road Trip to Charlottesville and Harrisonburg, VA ...
- It’s time for a project to....10/20/2009
- Blog Page Issues 10/19/2009
- Last Day Of Doom And Gloom 10/18/2009
- Yesterday Was Just Swell!! 10/17/2009
- Ist doch nicht so schlimm………..10/15/2009
- Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia 10/13/2009
- Boils, Turmeric and Vicks VapoRub 10/12/2009
- Winterizing My Home Continued….10/09/2009
- The year is flying by… 10/08/2009
- Going to the Courthouse 10/07/2009
- Buckland Farm Market Revisited 10/05/2009
- Bubble Wrap Mania….continued 10/04/2009
- 39 Degrees This Morning 10/01/2009
- Luck Stone in Centreville 09/29/2009
- This is the kind of results you get when you have ...
- New Cat Toy 09/23/2009
- Room for one more gadget!! :) Leah's xA 09/23/20...
- A Chuckle to Start This Monday Off Right!! 09/21/...
- I love bubble wrap :) 09/20/2009
- Miss-Bee Haven 09/19/2009
- Buckland Farm Market 09/18/2009
- Lots of chases, Client website issues and trying t...
- Beautiful Sunsets, Chasing a Piano and Bathing Sil...
- Insulating with Bubble Wrap 09/14/2009
- Woohoo....Bubble Wrap 09/13/2009
- Car Chase and Hugging My Mom's Neck 09/11/2009
- Car Chases in Lignum and Jeffersonton 09/09/2009
- xB Lowered and Stitches Taken Out 09/08/2009
- Labor Day SE Party 09/06/2009
- Getting Ready for SE Get-together 09/05/2009
- Tire and Client Issues 09/04/2009
- Research Study at AOL 09/03/2009
- Labor Day Preps 09/02/2009
- Coffee Grinds eating cat 09/01/2009
- Damn....why do I always have to miss out on stuff ...
- VA Pistol 08/28/2009
- Day off and Watkins order issue 08/27/2009
- Feeling Better, Chasing Cars 08/28/2009
- Day after surgery 08/27/2009
- Removing a Patch of Skin 08/26/2009
- Camp Cool Kids 08/25/2009
- Notary Supply Issues 08/25/2009
- Beautiful Weather, Cash for Clunkers is Ending, Do...
- Tomatoes from my neighbor 08/20/2009
- Camden chase and recruiter meeting 08/20/2009
- Lunch at Akasaka 08/18/2009
- Long Monday 08/18/2009
- Misbehaving Kids at Work 08/16/2009
- Ranting and Weightloss 08/16/2009
- Car Chases in Warrenton 08/14/2009
- Shredded TP, Tomatoes and Cucumbers 08/13/2009
- Car Chase, Permit, Hair Cut etc 08/12/2009
- Busy Morning 08/11/2009
- Scion Show of Champions 08/10/2009
- Car Show Tomorrow 08/08/2009
- New xB on the Block and Other Stuff Going On 08/0...
- Home Sweet Home, Tattoo, Car Show in Crofton, MD ...
- Memories of my trip to California 08/04/2009
- County Courthouse, Boils, Computer Issues 08/03/2...
- ▼ February (210)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (154)
- ► 2009 (224)
- I was born in Jever, Germany. My parents immigrated to the United States in 1968. I became a United States citizen in 2005.Favorite Quote: Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.Justice Hugo Black, 1971.I'm a Supporter of Wikileaks, Greenpeace, Amnesty International, The Freestate Project, LDNaware (Low Dose Naltrexone), Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) Project, Millions Against Monsanto, the NRA (National Rifle Association), GOA (Gun Owners of America),Truth in Labeling, Unconventional Medicine and The Freedom of Choice.