Happy Mom's Day
Picture stolen with love from my dear sister, Karin, at PHOTOGRAPHY OF KARIN
(Sticky Note: learn how to post a link in your blog)
...so I call my Mom. I was in a blue mood and very happy that she was very upbeat this morning. Upbeat enough to get me back to smiling. :)
After exchanging Happy Mother's Day wishes she said: "...and how is your Pussy?" I said: "She's fine." (..thinking that I need to make an appointment for my yearly checkup) She says: "My pussy is all by herself now". (I'm thinking...WTF?...and am in tears laughing) Sometimes I forget that we call cats "Pussy" in Germany.
After that, very uplifting conversation, I used a coupon for a free haircut after researching on line on what I wanted to do. By 11 o'clock I was at the salon, asking for my one and only favorite hairstylist, Jenna, armed with a printed out picture, to cut off my hair. My hair kind of looks like yours, Teri. I never thought that I would say: "short hair feels amazing".
At about one o'clock today, I removed the two panels (I thought is was just one) with the help of Kenny and Aaron, from the back of the Evil Twin. Sure enough....there was very little room beside the wooden box that houses the sound system. All three of us tried to get our arms in the space to see if we could unscrew the faulty bulb, but no! None of us could.
Since I already had my all time favorite power tool out, I was very tempted to just start unscrewing screws until the entire system was in small enough pieces to remove.
Before I totally lost control, I called my son, T-Jay, to see if he remembered where I had gotten those red bulbs from. Good thing I did, because he told me that there should be a spare bulb in the glove compartment....and there was!!! :) He also said that he could change the bulb without me going to extremes.
Needless to say, this really made my day!!! Everything is back together and I've got lights. Thank you, T-Jay! :)
Now...off to study up on my inspection for tomorrow. I'm still nervous about it, but at least I don't have a ton of other things nagging me.
I hope that everyone had a great Mother's Day....I know that mine was absolutely awesome!!!
- ► 2017 (519)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (154)
- I finally broke down and bought another monitor ...
- ....so I went to the UPS Store and there was my ...
- It totally urks the piss out of me when I can't fi...
- I was out buying toilet paper the other day and wa...
- Arthur Romero, a dear friend, passed away yest...
- I can't believe it....my Evil Twin is fixed. N...
- It's been a busy day today. Our Scion Event is ...
- Chris Rado signing autographs for us and shootin...
- My Silly...catching the first rays of sun in the...
- View from the 6th floor window at my lawyers ...
- I'm sitting here watching two birds dive bombing...
- Awesome Monday
- Yes, yes, yes!!!
- Debating Thursday
- Spot...May He Rest In Peace
- Happy Humpday!!
- Awesome Tuesday
- Monday....is it over yet?
- Happy Mom's Day
- Sunny in the sky, but cloudy in my head :(
- Friday on Thursday
- Here we go again....
- Happy Hump Day
- Happy Birthday Silly
- Where is my Coffee?
- Gloomy Sunday
- Computer Tweaking Saturday
- Freaky Friday
- ▼ May (29)
- I was born in Jever, Germany. My parents immigrated to the United States in 1968. I became a United States citizen in 2005.Favorite Quote: Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.Justice Hugo Black, 1971.I'm a Supporter of Wikileaks, Greenpeace, Amnesty International, The Freestate Project, LDNaware (Low Dose Naltrexone), Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) Project, Millions Against Monsanto, the NRA (National Rifle Association), GOA (Gun Owners of America),Truth in Labeling, Unconventional Medicine and The Freedom of Choice.