I went to perform an inspection in a really run down neighborhood this morning.
It was kind of weird when I arrived. I must have sat in my car for a good 10 minutes remembering the last time I was in a neighborhood like this.
It was at a time in the 80's when I didn't own a pot to piss in. One time I stayed with friends in their house that had a dirt floor. They rented the house. The floors had rotted out and the landlord refused to fix them. The renters didn't have the money to do it themselves or to move to a better place.
I remember that we had some of the best times then.
It's strange how sometimes the more "stuff" and money we have the more stressed out and less happy we are.
It seems that many times it is easier to be happy when you don't own a pot to piss in.
- ► 2017 (519)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (154)
- Thursday Rant Day
- You've got to be kidding!!!
- Amazing Breakthrough....click on this.
- What a Beautiful Morning
- Aluminum Foil and Duct Tape are my Friends
- Busy Sunday
- Saturday Dragging Slower Than Molasses
- Ripping and Running...
- Rainy Monday
- Going Through My Trash
- The Tight Spots of Field Inspections
- It's A Good Thing That I Love To Drive....
- April Showers Bring May Flowers....
- Save, Save, Click, Click....Oh What A Relief It Is...
- Peaceful Sunday
- Chasing Cars on Easter Sunday
- Lending Companies....wtf?
- Just When I Get Really Disappointed In People........
- Sometimes Less is More
- Living With A C-Rex
- Is winter over now?
- .....so I haven't been blogging
- ▼ April (22)
- I was born in Jever, Germany. My parents immigrated to the United States in 1968. I became a United States citizen in 2005.Favorite Quote: Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.Justice Hugo Black, 1971.I'm a Supporter of Wikileaks, Greenpeace, Amnesty International, The Freestate Project, LDNaware (Low Dose Naltrexone), Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) Project, Millions Against Monsanto, the NRA (National Rifle Association), GOA (Gun Owners of America),Truth in Labeling, Unconventional Medicine and The Freedom of Choice.