Someone goes out of their way and does something nice for a complete stranger.
I was looking for the Sheriff's Department and the Circuit Court in downtown Warrenton today. I put "78 West Lee Hwy" in my GPS...so how hard can that be???
Well the GPS kept directing me to the Ruby Tuesday no matter what direction I was coming from. I was really getting stressed out. Funny how putting Hwy instead of St could make such a big difference.
I finally got downtown which is on top of a huge hill and I drive a stick shift. Everywhere I went people were stopping inches from my back bumper and there was really no way to drive after a complete stop without rolling back a few inches. People that know me, know how anal I am about my car so this was naturally freaking me out a bit. I finally decided to just find a parking lot near the top of the hill and walk from there.
Still not knowing where I was going, I decided to ask this gentleman that was sitting at the bank across the street from me. He gave me really good directions and I told him that I would just walk.
I had walked about a block when the gentleman and his wife pulled up to me and offered to drive me over to the Sheriff's Department. They really made my day. What a nice thing to do for a complete stranger especially in this day and age.
- ► 2017 (519)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (154)
- Thursday Rant Day
- You've got to be kidding!!!
- Amazing Breakthrough....click on this.
- What a Beautiful Morning
- Aluminum Foil and Duct Tape are my Friends
- Busy Sunday
- Saturday Dragging Slower Than Molasses
- Ripping and Running...
- Rainy Monday
- Going Through My Trash
- The Tight Spots of Field Inspections
- It's A Good Thing That I Love To Drive....
- April Showers Bring May Flowers....
- Save, Save, Click, Click....Oh What A Relief It Is...
- Peaceful Sunday
- Chasing Cars on Easter Sunday
- Lending Companies....wtf?
- Just When I Get Really Disappointed In People........
- Sometimes Less is More
- Living With A C-Rex
- Is winter over now?
- .....so I haven't been blogging
- ▼ April (22)
- I was born in Jever, Germany. My parents immigrated to the United States in 1968. I became a United States citizen in 2005.Favorite Quote: Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.Justice Hugo Black, 1971.I'm a Supporter of Wikileaks, Greenpeace, Amnesty International, The Freestate Project, LDNaware (Low Dose Naltrexone), Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) Project, Millions Against Monsanto, the NRA (National Rifle Association), GOA (Gun Owners of America),Truth in Labeling, Unconventional Medicine and The Freedom of Choice.